Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Weekend in Pictures

There's much life to catch up on, however I want to show you part of my weekend so far.  Today was  a good day. Here's what it looked like:

 Fall has come to our home! Red flirts with the green and bursts towards the sun! I really love Fall and the colors all around! Fall sure looks different here than in Arkansas. Its like I'm searching for it, while there it was right in front of my face.
 Thursday I felt like I was back at Grace College in Santiago, but it was just Legacy Christian Academy. Chris Hurt spoke and so Alexis, who was back in town from Ouachita, and I went to support!
 Friday Night Lights with these friends to see some students!
Alexis is on the far left, Jacklyn and Chris (our middle school pastor and his wife) and myself. 

 We were creeping on Alexis before she saw us, and this is Chris and Jack's face of annoyance at her ignoring us. haha

 Aww! Frisco Band, my heritage.  Don't miss it, but thankful for those days. And proud to see some of our students doing so well in the FHS band.

The craiziness of Friday night! I come home after having to call the cops on some "suspicious youths," or "mala juntas" in Uruguyan, in the football stadium parking lot and find cop cars outside my house!  They had pulled some kid over and just happened to be in front of our house, but it was startling. Plus, they were there longer than a usual speeding ticket is so I think something shady went down.  This sums up the neighborhood that I live in. Cue Elvis Song!

 My life. I thought I had escaped the band world, but I'm being sucked back in. (:
Brady is a freshman at Wakeland High and in band. So we found ourselves at several marching band events this fall. Wakeland advanced to Area last week, so these pictures are from their area performance. Awesome!
 
 He's one of those mellaphone players, who seem headless with their horns up.
Being at band stuff is also an awesome opportunity to see several of my students



Some of my students are probably in these pictures. 

 Brady's the one in the center! Can you tell I'm sort of a proud sister?  Brady's band, after today's results, is headed to State! They're the only band from Frisco that made it to go on. Exciting times.
 Another one of my students! (:


 Then the rest of the day looked like this. Relaxation in my cozy little home.

So maybe not enough schoolwork done, but overall it's been pretty fantastic.  Life in the city is certainly an adventure.  Not the type of adventure I thought I'd be on right now, but the Lord is good and faithful and I'm very thankful to be where I am.
Church and Fall Festival tomorrow! Maybe I'll keep this little blog a bit more regularly. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment