Sunday, September 29, 2013

You Know You're in Girls Ministry When....

You know you're a girls minister when you hear things like:
  • Girl 1: Brittany, you'd be proud of me. There was a stripper pole on the party bus and I didn't even dance on it!
  • Girl 1: I didn't dance on it, but Girl 2 did. She's really good at it. Girl 2: It's my new profession!
  • Girl 3, about giving birth: I wouldn't like for my legs to be all open with all those people around. Girl 1: That's how I am all the time!
  • Girl 4: I hid the glo-sticks in my bosoms!
  • Boy 1: Brittany, I'm having girl problems... *continues to spill drama worse than girls do*
  • Boy: That's what the girls fall for: the baby face...
  • Girl 5: Jesus' mother was Mary. Oh my gosh! I wonder if Mary had a little lamb?!!
  • Girl 4: No. We don't kiss boys.  At least not until we're like 40!
  • State your name and a weird fact: Girl 6: She's Girl 7, and she loves One Direction so much that she knows all their blood types.
  • Girl 7: And I know 1D's birthdays. You don't????
  • Boy 2: I'm going to come to the girls' paint war party. Hittin' up the ladiessss!
  • Intern: Brittany, your coffee addiction has rubbed off on me after spending so much time with you this summer...
  • Youth Minister: I'm trying to be manly!
  • Girl: Jesus was subtweeting in the story of the Good Samaritan. Awesome.
  • Girl: Momma doesn't let me use the decorative soap!
  • Youth Minister: Brittany, can you come build my desk/fix this thing with these tools, etc...
  • Girl: Brittany, we need to talk. I think I want to go into ministry when I grow up.
  • Girl: What do you want to be when you get out of college? Girl: A Brittany. Or just a girls minister.
  • Girl: Brittany, I have friends now. Thanks for praying for my small group.
  • Girl: Today I accepted Jesus into my heart.
  • Girl: Brittany, You're my best friend!
  • Girl: I just wanted to call from college and tell you how awesome my life is right now and all the great things God is doing!
You see things like:
  • Girls painting boys' toenails in your living room
  • Bible study turned into dance parties
  • Lots of tears and emotions
  • Girls calling you from the school dance to fix her broken dress
  • Student Minister wearing bows for VBS
  • Lots of laughter
  • Volleyball games twice a week
  • Girls finding community
  • High school girls taking interest in the middle schoolers
  • Students called to ministry, surrendering life
You say things like:
  • Girl, when we wear skirts, we keep our knees or ankles together.
  • No, girl, you can't sit however you want.  We try to be ladylike.
  • Girl, let's not wear shirts quite so low.
  • Why is the coffee always gone so fast?
  • Girls, Jesus' love for His people is like Hosea's after a whore's
  • We are so similar to the Whores of the Bible. Redeemed.
  • Let's not play hair and make-up in church services.
  • Hey Baptist Congregation, Let's all stand up and dance...
  • Girl, your hair is huge today! (oops...)
  • You are God's masterpiece and He loves you so much

No comments:

Post a Comment