Saturday, June 12, 2010

Book Three: Pigs In The House



In their pigpen nice and wide. three cute pigs sat side by side. Farmer Mac came in one day. Fed the pigs and spread some hay. He was running very late and forgot to shut the gate....

Is it sad that I have the whole beginning of this book memorized?
I'm kinda lame and didn't read a real book this week. Or at least I didn't finish one. I do have about two started, but they are longer and taking a little bit more time. So when I went home I saw that Mom had a bunch of our childhood books sitting on the fireplace, so I decided to read some of them and call it a book for 10-for-2010. :)

Dad would read Pigs In The House to us over and over and over. He has it more memorized than us kids do. It's the tale of some goofy pigs that have a free for all in the farm house. Clever and cute. :) I asked Brady if he had read it (I just didn't know since he is so much younger than us) and he said, "Yeah Brittany! Only like a thousand times." He then proceeds to quote some of the book. :) This book is definitely a staple in our family's reading.


I also read Blueberries for Sal. Another childhood favorite! I love the cute story of the mother and daughter picking blueberries while the mama bear and baby bear do the same. Precious! Not to mention the pictures are great!

1 comment:

  1. Great books and great memories. I loved reading to you three when you were little. Miss those snuggly times. I can still hear Dad reading the pig book to you and you all laughing at the messy kitchen. Fun, fun, times.

    ReplyDelete